Ha ha, it's true! Sorella V and I, both shameless clutterbugs, took to heart some inspired counsel that MAYBE we could actually TRY living a little bit cleaner and see if it helps. We've found out that it's not actually as hard as we thought and we're pretty proud of how clean we are.
I made a CAKE last week. It's called a "mimosa" cake, and is basically just a pound cake drenched in pineapple juice and a non-rice equivalent of rice pudding (aka heavy cream deliciousness). Thanks to NATASCHA for the recipe. Wow. It was great.
Elder Ballard gave us specific counsel to work more with the youth in Italy (youth defined as from ages 12 to 40). So we started chatting up the younger generation, fearless of the fact that they would mock us because we wear frumpy cardigans and haven't properly styled our hair since the beginning of our missions. Turns out AN APOSTLE OF THE LORD WAS RIGHT! The youth are so much more receptive to our message... or the fact that we're young and American and "why would you do something like this?" Oh, young, fertile minds, do we have a message for you!
Yesterday we did our usual gig of talking to people on the train and the bus. We talked to three men in a row and ALL THEIR NAMES WERE ROBERTO! ALL OF THEM! If I could remember equations from my Econometrics class, I could calculate the probability of that!
I made new friends in the ward: Elena and her 13 year old son Matteo. Matteo is kid that wears untucked shirts slightly too big for him and sandals to church, but is a SPIRITUAL GIANT. He taught me all about the new Pokémon games and the importance of good music in our life to not interfere with the Spirit. Good job Matteo.
...928: Strawberry fields forever! These are homemade shoes that a recent convert made for Sorella Viazzo and I... the floor is our apartment elevator. We have no idea why there are flowers there.
...938: CAKE!
Those are all the things.
All my love, peeps.
Annie
No comments:
Post a Comment