Hi!
BIG NEWS: I'm staying with Sorella V in Ladispoli!
No big surprises there. We're both pretty happy, as we're sure many miracles and much insanity will ensue.
We're making a lot more personal goals for ourselves, especially in talking to people! We've met people from all over the world in the past two weeks (so far 21 countries and counting!). It's incredible how much people open up to us in a short ten-twenty minute train ride. I've heard some amazing life stories. One lady, with an Italian father, German mother, and raised in Argentina, told us her whole life story in three minutes and then sat back shocked: "I've never told any of that to two people I've never met before." There's a first time for everything.
Fun fact: the lady's name was Adelaide, but with an Italian pronunciation (A-DAY-LA-EE-DAY), so I didn't recognize it until she wrote it out for me. Bwhahaha.
This week we made a Coca Cola cake (Coca Cola cake, frosting, shape, etc.) Sorella V has a true gift. Also, we ruined the first cake, so now we have a plethora of cake in our freezer. Luckily, we have a youth activity tonight so we can pawn it all off on them!
You know what's hard? Free agency! People making decisions for themselves. I'm one of those "problem solving" people. I like to fix your problems. Well, you know what, Annie? A lot of times, you're not there to fix people! Sometimes people are just different! And sometimes you're not the one help them get fixed.
I'm learning that I can't always be the mechanism to change people. All I can do is consistently and hopefully do the things I know are right. That's what makes the difference.
Also, you know what is important? HOPE! Some people are all scared about the future. About their personal future. About their economic future. About what happens after the mission, about what happens on the mission. About the next transfer. About their personal capacity and ability to change. If I know one thing, I know that GOD HAS HELPED ME IN THE PAST and HE WILL HELP ME AGAIN. I have hope in the future. I know it won't be easy and there are still scary moments and frustrating times. But it is not all pitch black. If we surrender ourselves to the thought that there is no hope going forward, then... then... we'll be pretty dang depressed, that's what! And useless! So! Have hope! And read Romans 5:3-5.
Pictures
894: More chalk drawing! This time it's a family, prophets, and Jesus giving authority to his apostles!
896: the cake!
900: Us eating Peruvian food! At the restaurant, they gave us small bowls of jalapeno salsa. The elders were joking around and everyone ate a spoonful (it was REALLY spicy). Then they challenged Sorella V. But she didn't understand what they were challenging, so instead of eating one spoonful she ate THREE WHOLE SPOONFULS. Mamma mia! I had some too -- we both lost the sensation in our hands for several minutes, and our ears probably fell off... it was CRAZY.
okay, those are all the things Sorella Fuller and Sorella V learned this week!
Signing off,
Sorella Eff.



No comments:
Post a Comment