What a week.
In one day, we talked to 15 people on the train! It was incredible! We were on the train for almost an entire day (we have one less active that's very very far to get to), but we just kept talking and talking and talking. The librarian from Rome. The crazy guy who tried to stick ear buds in Sorella V's ear and revealed to us that he was a "professional lover." The catholic woman who took a weekly course for a year and a half about the 10 commandments. The widower who travels to a new place every year since his wife died ten eyars ago. We meet so many DIFFERENT and AMAZING people. And when one of us is exhausted and thinks we can't talk to anyone else, the other one just starts TALKING to the next person. I think that's the greatest thing about our companionship -- Sorella V and I can help each other when one is feeling down. I know she blesses me greatly and I'm happy for her.
We have a new contact/best friend: N, the Egyptian pizzeria lady. At first, we just became friends and then she started SHOWERING US with food: pizza, foccacia, baklava (sp?) and several other Egyptian deserts I don't know the name of. She cries every time she reads the Book of Mormon, because she says it's just like the Quaran, but it's still a soft spot to say that Jesus Christ was the Son of God. Hmm. She's definitely a different type of investigator. She invited us to her birthday party, thus the title of this email.
I learned how to say "je ne sais qua" in Italian: nonsoche. Now if only I spoke French.
Elder Ballard is coming this Sunday to reorganize the stake of Rome. It's like general conference but three weeks early. It's a Christmas miracle!
SHOUT OUT to Katie Cox, Pallets and Chris! You're all wonderful and I hope to send you postcards (and more) in the sooner-or-later future.
That's all of the news, a little short on time today. Sorry for no pictures.
all my love,
Sister Fuller
No comments:
Post a Comment