Guess what, family? I love you! You're pretty much the greatest. I don't know if I've ever fully expressed it, but that's what THIS LETTER IS FOR!
I wanted to take a minute and list something that I love about each one of you. But, unfortunately, unlike the David Bowie/Queen song, I do not work well under pressure and the clock is ticking.
Early in my mission, I was talking with a missionary who was about to go home. He asked my companion and I if we had ever really been homesick. We both replied that, sure, we missed our families, but we didn't feel this desperate need to return to them. He told us, "It gets worse the longer you're out."
We'll, he's right. I've realized how good we all are for each other. I've realized how happy you all make me. I've realized that every good thing that has happened to me in my mission, the person it's helped me become, are just things that I want to bring back to my family. YOU GUYS! The most important of people.
Somehow, although my longing of you has increased, I wouldn't call it necessarily being "trunky." I'm just trying to translate my desire to be with you and be the best I can for you, by learning and serving as much as I can here. I look forward to evenings of playing cards and swapping mission/life stories. But guess what? YOU HAVE TO SERVE A MISSION TO HAVE THOSE STORIES! So that's why I'm here. And soon I'll have those stories and experiences under my belt to share with you. And then I'll come home and we'll share them all together.
So save the date! Annie's coming back and we'll be a happy family! Europe may have tied for possession of most Fullers (with Annie, Matt, Chloé and Peter in the OLD WORLD and Mom, Dad, Landon and Terri in the NEW WORLD! <--- please read with Ratcliff's voice from Pochahontas), but the states will soon win the majority.
Until then! Toodeloo!
love
Annie
(note: this is all dedicated to you, but there's no time for a "wide world email." Feel free to post it, Dad, if you want. THE WORLD CAN KNOW MY LOVE FOR MY FAMILY!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment