Wednesday, March 20, 2013

DON'T PANIC!


(another late and out of order post, this one from 3/20/13)

Changes in Bari! I'm staying, Sorella Preston is being transfered to Catania, and I'm getting a brand new missionary straight from the States. Bwuuuah!?

I won't know who she is or anything about her until she arrives on the train tomorrow afternoon! Both me and Sorella Christensen (the other sister companionshi who lives with me) will be getting new missionaries. CUH-RAZY!

But the weather is beautiful in Bari and I'm content to stay for another transfer. I think the greatest thing is that I'm able to see the real change in people. Some people I met three months ago have made real progress, which is incredibly rewarding. Giovanni, who was baptized my first weeks here, received the Aaronic Priesthood and is actively attending church! We still have a lot of things to teach him, but he's come such a long way!

I've learned the value of CLEAR WRITING. We ahve several investigators who only speak limited English (and no Italian), but we have a Book of Mormon in their language. We have to try and teach them certain principles and can only use the Book of Mormon text to do it. Thank GOODNESS the Book of Mormon was written so clearly! Every week, we find scriptures that answer his personal concerns and questions EXACTLY. I greatly appreciate all the time and effort that was put into writing and editing and translating the Book. Thanks prophets in the ancient America! Thanks God! Makes me think maybe I should take some more time in my own writings (small jab at myself for the poor quality, again, of this letter. Sorry!) 


We just keep on keepin' on! I'm sure I'll have more to say after next week. NEW MISSIONARY AAAAAAH!

Shout out to JESSE SHEETS! Thank you for always diligently writing me! I had tried to send you a postcard in Grenoble, but I suppose it never arrived. But I shall get something to you soon!

love to everyone
Sorella Fuller

PICTURES!
...272: We went to OSTUNI, the WHITE CITY (aka MINAS TIRITH) a couple weeks ago. The best part? When we found TREEBEARD and went for a little RIDE! Let's just say I was pretty ecstatic to 1) make more Lord of the Rings jokes, 2) climb trees, and 3) wear pants! I like wearing pants!










...282: Elvira and family, with Albania paraphanilia galore! Oh, I love them...
..291: our new bishop and his family and all us missionaries! Say goodbye to Sorella Preston and Elder Hurlburt, both taking the bus to Sicily. I tried to sneak in their suitcases to little success...






No comments:

Post a Comment