This week we taught a ward family home evening. Our theme was faith and how often our expeiences mirror the story of Peter on the water, who began to walk on water, then saw the wind and began to fear and sink, and then continued on afterward. Similarly, we all usually have had 1) a pass of faith. 2) a trial of faith and 3) enduring in the faith. And how we shouldn't be surprised when the trial of faith comes. It's going to come and we are not to be stupified (Harry Potter?) when it does. It's normal, It's part of life. And we learn and grow.
Missions are hard and it's hard to know that you're not perfect at them. I came on the mission expecting that it would be hard and challenging. But now it's hard and challenging! Wait a second! Haha, it's true that we really have to experience things to truly understand and learn from them. If it's all just hypothetical/theoretical ideas, without the actual personal struggling/growing/pushing/falling/getting back up, then it's not worth very much. So... let's appreciate this time, yeah? (Although I know I'll be appreciating it after the fact. Like how you appreciate running ten miles only after you're home on your couch in the air conditioning, haha).
Good things are going down in Ladispoli. It's hot in July, but we're smiling and tan. I have a great Chaco tan. Oh yeah.
Miss ya all. You're great.
love
Annie
No comments:
Post a Comment