This gem of a phrase was on a tshirt in the store next to the Internet point this morning. Good job, elementary English!
So: transfers! I am training again! I'll know who my compy is tomorrow morning. There's only two new sisters coming in this transfer, so it's either a Texan or Califonian gril (heh heh).
The coolest part was knowing that God has a hand in these transfers. We recently got a new mission president, President Waddoups. As I'm learning, mission presidents come into a mission with very very veeeeery little idea of how to run a mission, let alone who all the missionaries are. So I had NO IDEA what to expect with these transfers. I told myself over and over, "If President Kelly were here, I would say with 99% certainty that I would be staying in Ladispoli and with 95% certainty that I would be training." He clearly told me he wanted me to come to Ladispoli to train again.
And guess what? With absolutely no idea of who we are or what we are doing, Pres. Waddoups received the same impression: to have me train in Ladispoli. I talked with one of his assistants (who stayed here between the transition from Pres. Kelly to Pres. Waddoups). He said they prepared a list of potential trainers, based on the information and knowledge they had of all the cities/missionaries/personalities, etc. Pres. Waddoups refused to look at it, but closed himself in his room. After lots of prayer, he came out with a list of 22 names. Comparing his 22 names with the 22 names of the assitants, only 2 were different (this is out of 170 some possible missionaries). So. Yeah. God talks to man, man. And me too. And you! So today's letter is brought to you by the letter "R", for Revelation! Ask God questions and He will give you answers. Period. Stop.
I'm back reading Isaiah again. MAN, such a good book. I read a bit in the Bible Dictionary that says the best way to understand Isaiah, is to study and understand the Book of Mormon. I think itz true.... deeply studying the BoM has definitely helped me understand the good big old testament book.
...746: tshirt
...740: a Peruvian family that we meet with. Usually we fake beat box after lessons together. I'm no way as cool as them though.
Anyway. You're all the best! Everyone eat some spicy meat in my honor this week! Preferably Mexican!
all of the love
Annie
No comments:
Post a Comment