Scripture of the week! aka Shakespeare has nothing on Jeremiah!
"And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies."
Crazy imagery right? Here's the rest of the scripture, because I like it: "But they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth, for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the Lord." (Jeremiah 9:3).
Is this going to be one of those letters where the missionary harshly judges the entire country where she's serving because of some negative experiences? Haha, nope! Maybe the opposite. We've had some tough runs this week, mostly with people telling us that they can't believe in a God that has commandments or running up a general wall of people feeling that religion is just a constraint on them living up to their full happiness, when instead they are sacrificing the realization of their full potential for momentary happiness. Sad. But in the words of the Clash: I get beat up. I get thrown out. But I'm not down. I'm not down.
But, we did have a good week of meeting with members, both active and not. We've seen some beautiful parts of the Italian countryside (everyone go google Bracciano right now! I've decided I could live in this mountainous lake territory). Yesterday it rained buckets and it seems that the weather is FINALLY getting cold. And I get to play the piano every week in church. So there's not much to complain about.
OH! And I forgot to mention how a HEROIC member got out my ingrown toenail! She's an esthetician and just ripped it right out! That was fun. But there was such a difference between the nasty pain of the festering toe and the clean pain of the open, but cleansed wound. Like sin and repentance and stuff! I'll leave it to y'all to work out the metaphor.
Okay, that's all the news! Love yer guts.
Sis Fuller
No comments:
Post a Comment