Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I have a presentation to practice, my training to plan, a man to baptize, and Guilder to blame for it. I'm swamped!


THIS WEEK HAS BEEN SO GOOD! Maybe I'm on a high because we were able to rent bikes for Pday and go for the most PLEASANT and NORMAL bikeride in PANTS along the oceanside. But even if it's not the endorphins talking, I think I would still be pretty stoked for how this week has gone/is going.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. Can I celebrate my birthday on the mission every year? Not only did our English Course throw me a party, but the other sisters threw us a surprise pizza party. And THEN our Bishop and his wife separately called me to wish me a "good birthday!" and good ol' Sorella Kelly! Also, I got a card with "SophistaBear" on it (attached). Most of my accumulated joy about my birthday can be explained through that card. Thanks Anziano Rivera! BEARS!

I made chili for my birthday! I had to use a random curry powder we found at an Asian store. It tasted good though. Or at least everyone lied to me for my birthday! Yay, happy birthday!

What else? Mark will be baptized tomorrow! We are running around a bit like headless chickens, because we're going to help a family move tomorrow morning and then go babysit the font so it can fill up in time for the baptism (approximate wait time: 5 hours). Don't worry, we'll be busy praciticing our presentation for this Sunday ("Meet the Mormons," a community public relations event), working on our musical number for the following 2 Sundays, writing a talk for the baptism, design a ward tshirt, and trying to figure out what we're going to say to our zone of forty missionaries at zone conference. BUSY BEARS!

We were finally able to arrange a FUN ACTIVITY with some of our ward members and a contact, Loredana. We all went bowling and it went fantastically! It was like Loredana had always been friends with these people and they all went out for panzarotti and talked together after we had to leave (past missionary curfew!). Member friendships help us SOOOO MUCH because we're awkward missionaries that have to wear SKIRTS when we go BOWLING! Also, I bowled a horribly low score, but Loredana (who hasn't bowled since she was ten), smoked all of us. She said it was a miracle! I agree, since we all know that being bad when you bowl with people you don't know is the most horrible experience in the whole world. So the fact that she came in a very close second to our bishop improved morale all around! MORALE BEARS!

Not sure if I'll stay in Bari longer or not. But I've had a real change of heart this week. I can't explain it. Maybe it's because I've been thinking about how I might leave Bari, and then thinking about all th
e great things I would be leaving. But... I realize that I might actually want to stay here. Even if it meant possibly staying in Bari the rest of my mission. I feel that I have found my spot here, I know why I'm here. And I could keep doing it.

I know that was a contradictory message to what I sent last week. I can't explain why -- but working closely with members (especially the bishop and the cultural center for public relations opportunities) and our investigators, I finally feel good about Bari. I feel good about ME being here and I feel like Ammon when he said, "I could dwell among these people, yea, even until the day I die." or rather "yea, even until the day I die as a missionary."

I felt that way about Sicily in my first few weeks there. It took me 6 months to feel the same way about Bari. We'll see what happens. Luckily, it's not up to me. Sadly, I won't be able to tell you for another two weeks. But you (all of you, PLURAL!) will be the first to know!

ok, that's all! Floss!
love
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment