Spring has sprungThe grass has riz
I wonder where
Them birdies iz?
General conference happened this week! aka missionary Christmas! The best was when one of the elder's investigators accompanied us to the Young Women's conference. She has two teenage daughters who are leaning towards athiesm and general social despair (aka teenagers). She wasn't able to convince them to come, but was very, very excited with President Ucthdorf's talk. "This is just what my daughters need to hear!" she kept insisting. That German apostle just has a way with words, y'know.
I feel we're in a limbo, where many of our investigators/less actives have taken other big steps in their lives (a couple of them have moved to other countries), and others just aren't making any progress so we've had to leave them. I hope we are doing the right thing. I do recognize that change is happening, it just is so slow that it's hard to appreciate it in the moment.
Can we talk about how cool this scripture was I read this morning?
And when they shall say unto you: Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep and mutter—should not a people seek unto their God for the living to hear from the dead?
2 Nephi 18:19
People are looking for answers! Maybe they try to find them in familiar spirits and wizards (a reference to divining answers or trying to summon the dead through supernatural means, although I'm sure it could also apply to those trying to find happiness at the bottom of a Jack Daniels bottle or in their Harry Potter obsession). And yet... should not a people seek unto their God? If you believe in God, the answer is with Him. I can promise you this. If there's anything I know, it's that I DON'T KNOW anything but that GOD DOES. The answer is with Him! He will give it to us, even if it takes some time. I know that He has answered me in the past and He will continue to answer me.
Believe in God. Believe that He is and that He created all things, both in heaven and in earth. Believe that he has all wisdom and all power, both in heaven and in earth. Believe that man does not comprehend all things that God comprehends. (Mosiah 4:9)
If you don't believe in God, for whatever reason, I first of all am sorry for whatever happened in your life that led you to believe that God is not there, that He does not love you, and that He does not have a plan for you. I would do anything in my power to help show you that God does care about you. I hope that you can look and see the blessings in your life. I know that these are a testimony of a loving God. I know that every person we were supposed to meet, every experience we were ment to have, are all evidence that there is a greater plan in this. God loves us enough to give us what we need.
You're all great! The sun is shining in Bari and I've started wearing Chacos. Life is good (<-- not product placement).
keep the faith, hope, and charity,
annie
PHOTOS!
See District Photo! We are now in 8! All four of us are training!
No comments:
Post a Comment