MARK FOUND THE MISSIONARIES IN DENMARK! We're so so so so happy. He called us this week and put me on the phone with an Elder. "Am I really speaking to someone in Italy?" Yes, sir, yes you are. Apparently Mark lives very close to the mission president there and is regualarly attending church. Also, he is the only black person in his Danish ward. Crazy different. We are very happy, Sister Bradford and I. We will always remember Mark and his tiny tight pants. He also is still commited to the same baptismal date he chose in Italy, May 27 (Happy Birthday Mom!). THUMBS UP MARK!
Tomorrow is "Liberation Day" in Italy. In Italian, that would be "il giorno della liberazione," but I feel like Liberation Day has a nice ring to it. It celebrates liberation from facism. Which means we'll be going around all day helping people connect school/work holiday to the gospel. Watch out, national holiday! The missionaries are on the loose.
We've been doing a lot of finding these days. It's this weird pattern I've broken into that feels surreal and yet too real at times. We get all kind of reactions: bored, slight interest, yelling, really engaged, and then every once in awhile an athiest teenager opens the door and says he'll give you 30 seconds to prove to him that God exists. You explain what you believe and he says he disagrees, but he tells his brother (who is 15 and smoking in the background) to shut up so that you can finish bearing your testimony (BEARS!). And his eyes show that he wants to believe even if he's too cool to say it. Yep. That's finding!
Sorella Bradford says I prayed in my sleep last night, both in English and Italian. She jokes that I take the advice "Counsel with the Lord in all of thy doings" too seriously.
Picture: Ward lunch to say goodbye to Anziano Reed, who is leaving us for the deader pastures of Mesa, Arizona.
THE MAIL FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH ME! So here's a big hug and thanks to
BRENNA! I don't care if you don't write me often, just as long as I can get your current address! I'm excited for all of your new news and will respond in kind.
David Ruvalcaba: I send you a letter, but I think I addressed it wrong, because it got sent to the return address after going ALL THE WAY FROM ITALY TO AMERICA. I apologize for my general incompentenceness. <------ And spelling.
MEISH! Got the taped up letter, huzzah! Expect response soonish.
This is a really lousy letter. But I love you and thank you everyone for the mail!
all my love
Sister Fuller
No comments:
Post a Comment